I attended a webinar yesterday morning hosted by Kuno Creative, an inbound marketing agency. If you’re a content marketing, social media marketing, or SEO professional than I recommend you view the presentation below. If you’re limited on time, the key takeaways from the presentation, as discussed on slides 39-40, are as follows:
- You should care about the number of keywords that drive traffic to your site, not the specific ranking of any keyword.
- Create lots of original, engaging content. Solve customers’ problems or entertain them.
- Publish your content frequently. Kuno observed a 556% increase in traffic after shifting from 2-3 posts per week to 5-10 posts.
- Don’t buy links or use link building services.
- Due to recent changes to Google analytics, search results and traditional SEO ROI are more difficult to track.
- Distribute your content via social media. I’ll add that you should go beyond distribution and engage customers with your content via social media (i.e., in two-way conversation).
- Inbound marketing is the new SEO. More specifically, content marketing and social media marketing are fundamental to any successful SEO strategy.